EMRS Hosting National Incident Management System Course (G0402)
The Cook County Department of Emergency Management and Regional Security is hosting a National Incident Management System (NIMS) Overview Course for senior officials. (G0402)
Please note: This course is not intended for the general public.
Goal: The purpose of this training is to familiarize senior officials with their role in supporting incident management within the National Incident Management system (NIMS).
Objective: Upon completion of the course, senior officials will be able to explain NIMS tenets and the role of the four command and coordination entities: Incident Command System (ICS), Emergency Operations Center (EOC), Multiagency Coordination (MAC) Group and Joint Information System (JIS).
Target Audience: Senior officials (executives, elected, appointed, city/county managers and agency administrators).
Duration: 4 hours. The course is designed to elicit engagement through a series of discussions, questions and answers.
Outcome: By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain NIMS
- Explain the NIMS Management Characteristics, the organizational structure of the ICS and the role of the General and Command staff
- Understand the concepts of Unified Command and Area Command
- Explain the attributes and purpose of the EOC
- Speak to the interconnectivity and response roles of ICS, EOC, MAC group and JIS
- Explain the senior official’s role in preparedness
Training Dates & Registration:
Registration is required. All participants must register seven (7) days in advance.
- Friday, May 20, 2022: https://emrstraining.eventbrite.com
- Friday, August 19, 2022: https://emrstraining2.eventbrite.com
- Friday, December 9, 2022: https://emrstraining3.eventbrite.com
Training Type: In-person classroom instruction with certificate of completion.
Cook County Emergency Management and Regional Security
Oak Forest Campus
15900 S. Cicero Ave., Oak Forest, IL 60452
Questions: Please email training coordinator Derick Eshelman at email@example.com with any questions.